May 23, 2015

Inkspirational Challenge - Congratulations Pia!

It's an extra special challenge this time over at Inkspirational.  Us DT girls threw together a surprise challenge for our teammate, Pia, who is getting married next week.  Congratulations Pia and Thomas!  So very happy for you!  I wish you a lifetime of happiness, love and laughter.  Big hugs!

So, the challenge is to create a purple card.  Why purple?  Well, it one of the main colours Pia chose for her wedding.  Even her dress is purple.  You should see it, it's gorgeous!  If you create a purple card then you are entered in for the draw of a £15 gift certificate to Clearly Besotted.  But wait, there's a twist!  Create a purple wedding card and you'll earn an extra entry!   Now here's my card...


Purple and grey are lovely together, aren't they?  I used grey because that was another one of Pia's wedding colours.  I started my card by stamping my large bouquet (Inkadinkado) in grey and colouring it with my Spectrum Noir markers. I stamped the sentiment (CAS-ual Fridays) in grey as well.  I cut an oval from a white cardstock panel and then embossed it with a damask folder (Sizzix).  Then I attached everything to a grey card base.  It's currently winging it's way to Denmark and I hope Pia will like it.  :-)

Hope you'll come over to Ink and see what awesome projects the other DT girls made.  And I hope you'll join in on the challenge too.

Thanks so much for visiting and have a wonderful day!

I'm going to link up to the following challenges:

Uniko Studio - flowers
CAS-ology - cue word is wedding.

11 comments:

  1. Stunning card and super colouring x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Kim...absolutely, fabulously gorgeous! The flowers, the framing, the embossing...WOW! Pia will adore this, as do I!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! And so lovely to be able to personalize it for the recipients! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous, Kim. I love the colors and your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful bouquet Kim! The embossed frame is also really cool. Great card for Pia!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty and elegant and just right for the occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have absolutely nailed it, Kim! This is so gorgeous and the colours are perfect. I so hope it will arrive in time for us to bring it to the wedding party, so we can display it :o)
    Huge virtual hug for you, sweetie ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous and beautifully coloured. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful card Kim and beautifully coloured. Used to be on a team with Pia, off to visit her blog & send some happy wishes :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply beautiful :) and perfect colouring. Thanks so much for joining in on the Uniko Studio Challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!